Thursday 1 September 2016

Easy Enchiladas

FOOD My boyfriend and I are creatures of habit. Especially when it comes to food as we tend to cook and eat the same things over and over again. This probably comes down to the fact that I'm the one in charge of cooking; I'm quite lazy, somewhat picky and I also lack imagination when it comes to meal ideas.

Today though, I felt like cooking something new so I decided to make Mexican in a completely different way than we're used to. Usually for Mexican we will cook some sort of meat for our tortilla wraps and then have a wide selection of lettuce, vegetables and various accompaniments. This is a great way to get Mexican food, especially if you have guests over but when it's just the two of us, it is a lot of work to prepare and clean all the bowls with garnish.

After searching the whole wide web I ended up making my own, easy version of enchiladas. They turned out great and Mikkel in particular was a big fan! So if you want a delicious recipe for quick and easy enchiladas, have a look down below:

First thing first you wanna cook the minced beef until it's nice and brown. Then add your taco seasoning and when that's completely incorporated, add the kidney beans and sweet corn.  
Next you wanna add the cream and give it a good stir so it looks something like this. (Might not look too appetizing at this point but trust me it'll turn out great!) 
Spread some taco sauce on a tortilla wrap and then add some of the meat mixture and roll it as tightly as possible.

Put the tortilla wraps in an ovenproof dish and apply some taco sauce on top. 
Time for the grand finale, THE CHEESE! Add however much cheese you can handle and put the dish in the oven until the cheese has melted and become golden brown. 
Finally sprinkle some fresh parsley on top and enjoy with some rice and taco sauce. Bon appetit!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig